This is my last kitchen post for the moment but I am on a roll so I shall carry on. I am following the latest trend of planting lettuce (or herbs or flowers) in mason jars.
I currently have 6 Moccona jars that have been planted with 6 different lettuce plants. You can of course google the instructions but it is really easy: put an inch or two of pebbles in the bottom of the jar (to allow for drainage), top up with soil and then plant your plant. These are all sitting on the kitchen ledge and I shall begin harvesting this week.
I currently have 6 Moccona jars that have been planted with 6 different lettuce plants. You can of course google the instructions but it is really easy: put an inch or two of pebbles in the bottom of the jar (to allow for drainage), top up with soil and then plant your plant. These are all sitting on the kitchen ledge and I shall begin harvesting this week.

No comments:
Post a Comment