Monday, 22 December 2014

I Need An Office

I will post room layouts for all of the rooms progressively but as you may have already gathered space is a premium (yes I know that there are much smaller living spaces out there but I am not in competition, just focusing on what I have) and I needed somewhere for the desktop.

Now I have a laptop and it has many advantages but in my heart of hearts, I love my desktop. And, logistically, it has a complete suite of legal Office Products, Photoshop and other software that I can't transfer to the laptops. Apart from running out of memory (which was easily resolved by having an external hard drive) there is nothing wrong with it even if it is 5 years old now.

So I didn't want to compromise and get rid of it but the problem of finding a space for it. The situation was resolved by using a hall table (or whatever else it is) which I originally purchased from a Facebook buy swap and sell site for $10.



It sits quite nicely in the space next to my bed. There is a pull out tray under the top shelf which holds my stationery array and an old suitcase ($1) holds my handbag collection (and provides a handy space to stack my reading pile).

It is too high for a regular office chair but I found a great stool by the roadside that it works perfectly with it (photos and the full story of that find another day). Alternately the table is an ideal height for me to stand and work.

It certainly looks a little cluttered but I can live with that - and I can't really come with another option.

No comments:

Post a Comment