Sunday, 21 December 2014

Lighting 1

I have a theory about trends - don't follow them. It dates everything (haircuts, clothes and your home) far too quickly. Instead find things that say something about you and make that your style. Okay, in that case, maybe my place is currently saying that I am a bit weird and definitely not trendy but it will all come together when I am finished and then ... well it might say the same thing but that is okay.

The same Aunt that gave me the owl also gave me a fish mobile made out of fish a few years later (for my tenth birthday). It is currently in storage and a little worse for wear but more together than not. That was my inspiration for the lighting choice for the main room.




I needed something that would obvious be functional but there were a few functions that needed to be considered - after all I would be working, sewing, watching television and socialising all under the same lights. The other consideration was that I was working with batten fixes. Making them into pendants would have required an electrician (and someone to pay him or her). And, the ceilings really aren't very high so I am not sure how practical it would have been.

 I did find some really funky beaded chandeliers but they were out of my price range and I was also concerned about working under colored lights.

Anyhow, ...so while these were initially a second choice, I am actually very pleased with my decision both emotionally and financially. And on the financial side, these were priced as high as I would go $34.90 from Bunnings. Bargain really.

No comments:

Post a Comment