The kitchen is small but functional. Forgive the quality of this pic, I had trouble finding images that were an accurate reflection of the dimensions of my cabinets (I ended up using overlapping desks). Hopefully it will do the job regardless.
1. The stove is here. It is electric, I certainly would have preferred the premium choice of gas but it came with the place, it is very clean and it works so I am not really complaining. 2. The fridge is in this space. 3. This is a tall double sided, double door cupboard. The doors that open into the kitchen revel the pantry space. The doors that open on the bottom side of the picture open into the main space and hold fabric and other craft items. 4. There is a single sink under the window. 5. This a cupboard that opens into the main space. I store my serving plates and the like in there.
Perhaps this photo might help a bit more. It is taken from the entry (to refer to the above diagram, the only wall without cupboards, directly opposite the sink).
The floor lino/vinyl is stained but not compromised. I currently have some floorboards in a storage cupboard that I (well a friend and I) hope to lay early in the new year. It will completely refresh the space.
This is a photo from the main space.
The doors with paint chips (which will be fully explained later) are the cupboard that backs onto the pantry.
So, what do I have. Well it is a very functional space. The bench (seen above) that separates the main space from the kitchen is very handy. There is great light. There could be more storage (but maybe I just need less stuff. Some renovations will be required. I have already mentioned the floorboards but there are also the benchtops which are not only stained but chipped (which worries me in regard to keeping them clean enough for food). The cupboard doors are just painted chipboard which in some cases (which you can just see in the first photo) have been chipped and nicked as time goes on. The still are functional but really do need replacing.
I am hoping to do the benchtops and the floors in January. The doors will need to wait a bit longer. In any case, I will keep you updated.
1. The stove is here. It is electric, I certainly would have preferred the premium choice of gas but it came with the place, it is very clean and it works so I am not really complaining. 2. The fridge is in this space. 3. This is a tall double sided, double door cupboard. The doors that open into the kitchen revel the pantry space. The doors that open on the bottom side of the picture open into the main space and hold fabric and other craft items. 4. There is a single sink under the window. 5. This a cupboard that opens into the main space. I store my serving plates and the like in there.
Perhaps this photo might help a bit more. It is taken from the entry (to refer to the above diagram, the only wall without cupboards, directly opposite the sink).
The floor lino/vinyl is stained but not compromised. I currently have some floorboards in a storage cupboard that I (well a friend and I) hope to lay early in the new year. It will completely refresh the space.
This is a photo from the main space.
The doors with paint chips (which will be fully explained later) are the cupboard that backs onto the pantry.
So, what do I have. Well it is a very functional space. The bench (seen above) that separates the main space from the kitchen is very handy. There is great light. There could be more storage (but maybe I just need less stuff. Some renovations will be required. I have already mentioned the floorboards but there are also the benchtops which are not only stained but chipped (which worries me in regard to keeping them clean enough for food). The cupboard doors are just painted chipboard which in some cases (which you can just see in the first photo) have been chipped and nicked as time goes on. The still are functional but really do need replacing.
I am hoping to do the benchtops and the floors in January. The doors will need to wait a bit longer. In any case, I will keep you updated.

No comments:
Post a Comment